Ramblings of a true to form Gemini

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Waffles!!!!!

It is Valentine's day and dh and I have no money. I woke up and found these in the kitchen.

DH clipped them from the bush out front, they are lovely and smell nice.

We decided to make waffles for breakfast. I love waffles!! I am always in search of the perfect waffle. Well after the gluten free switch, waffles are out of the question. But now I have put together a decent gluten free waffle recipe. Makes six 4inch square waffles
Ingredients:
11/2 cup Gluten Free flour mix (Bob's Red Mill All Purpose)
1 T sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 T cinnamon
1 large egg
1 t vanilla
3/4 cup milk(cow, rice or soy)
1 T oil
spray oil for waffle grill
Method:
Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.

Mix together all the wet ingredients.

Mix the wet stuff into the dry stuff and blend well.

Now let the batter sit for 5 minutes. During that time, heat up the waffle grill. Give the grill a quick spray with spray oil. Pour ~1/4 cup of batter on each side of the waffle grill.

Close and wait 4 to 5 minutes, or until the waffles are just a little crispy in the edges. I like them extra crispy so I wait 5 to 6 minutes. Pull off and serve.

I like mine with cinnamon sugar butter(1T soft butter, 1t sugar, 1t cinnamon mixed together), DH likes his with regular syrup. To complete our breakfast we had his and hers Organ Chai 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

About

Soledad, Ca, United States
I love to smile! I rarely do anything that won't make me, or someone else, smile.

Followers