Ramblings of a true to form Gemini

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Jam Filled Gluten Free Muffins

First off, sorry I haven't posted in a really long time. I had a personal crisis and needed to focus on myself and my husband.
Anyway, I present you with a tasty morning treat.


Ingredients:
1 cup GF flour mix (I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose)
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter (or veggie shortening)
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk (cow, soy or rice)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Your choice of jam (I used my homemade peach jam)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/8 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare 12 standard muffin tins, I used cupcake papers or you could grease the tins. Cream together the sugar and shortening. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla, blend until smooth. In a separate bowl mix together the flours, salt and baking powder. Add the flour mix to the egg/sugar mix. Blend until smooth. Spoon batter into the prepared tins to 2/3 full. Then drop 1 teaspoon of jam into the middle of each cup. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. The tops of the muffins should have some spring to them when they are finished cooking.
For the glaze mix together the orange juice, powdered sugar and vanilla. Once the muffins are completely cool, dip the tops of each muffin in the glaze. 

No comments:

About

Soledad, Ca, United States
I love to smile! I rarely do anything that won't make me, or someone else, smile.

Followers