Ramblings of a true to form Gemini

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Potato Pancakes: Gluten Free

Tasty leftovers!
When my honey cooks he cooks for an army, even though it is just the two of us. Well, he made dinner the other night which included mashed potatoes. He makes them with a little milk, butter, salt, pepper and a few cloves of garlic. Needless to say we had leftovers. I hate wasteing food, so I set out to make something from them. Potato pancake is what I came up with.

Ingredients:
1 cup Mashed Potatoes
1 Egg
1 t Onion Powder
1 T GF Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill, but plan rice flour or corn starch could be used)
Olive Oil
Method: Mix together the egg, potatoes and onion powder. Add the flour a little at a time until the batter is a little thicker than regular pancake batter. Heat a small saute pan on medium to high heat, add enough oil to slick the pan, then add a scoop of batter. Cover the pan for 3 minutes or until the bottom is golden. Flip the cake and cover for 3 more minutes. If you spray the spatula with a little spray oil it will get under the cake easier. Serve with sour cream and chive, but I like them plan.
This is a pretty plan recipe, perfect to personalize. You could add chopped bell pepper, cubed ham, cheese, etc.


No comments:

About

Soledad, Ca, United States
I love to smile! I rarely do anything that won't make me, or someone else, smile.

Followers