Ramblings of a true to form Gemini

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chicken Stock

I hate wasting food. I always feel bad throwing out the chicken carcass after dinner. My dad has made stock out of the chicken carcasses before so I though I would give it a whirl.I really just took whatever I had in the fridge and added it to the stock. I used flavors I like and use often.
Ingredients:
One chicken carcass (I made roast chicken for dinner so I used the body from that and the dripping in the pan)
1/2 medium Yellow Onion, cubed
1 medium Gala Apple, cubed
1 small Orange
2 Carrots, in half
2 tsp Black Pepper Kernels
2 tsp Coriander Kernels
1 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Herbes de Provence
Method: Add all the ingredients to a stockpot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Skim off any fat particles. Simmer for another 3 hours or until flavors have developed to your liking. 

No comments:

About

Soledad, Ca, United States
I love to smile! I rarely do anything that won't make me, or someone else, smile.

Followers